Wednesday, November 15, 2006

O the things trucks spew...!

So this was one of many times I wish someone was around to appreciate the humor in the moment with me, but this recounting will have to do I guess...

So to appreciate this story...think back to any tv clip or movie scene where a passing car/truck nails an innocent bystander with a massive amount of water...ok, got that image in your mind? Good, now insert Lisa as that innocent, sweet, harmless, defenseless bystander.

Today, it poured and the streets were flooded in many spots. I was on my way home this evening and was walking through Bucelas to catch the 6:45 bus to my home in Freixial. I had only one more corner to round before my destination and it was then that I was pelted by what felt like a bucket of water. Shocked and wet, I stood frozen in my spot wondering what cruel/funny prank had just occured. As shock wore off I was able to identify the culprits as a passing truck and flooded street corner. My only regret was that no one (not even a stranger!) was able to witness my soaking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home