Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tuesday, October 10th, 2006

My morning routine is starting to take shape. Sam is my alarm clock, waking me up with her barking at 7:30 AM to take her on her morning walk. Getting some reading and Portuguese study is part of that routine along with any other life maintenance that is needed.

We, as a GEM team, meet each Tuesday from 2-3 PM for our team meeting and then are joined by the Edge students from 3-4 PM for a time of prayer. Please keep our team meetings in your prayers. That they might be not centered on "what we can do" but what God is doing in and around us. Pray that we might be faithful in seeking our Lord's face and that He might have His Way with us. Pray for Ron and Linda Landers as they lead this team.


Please pray for me as I drive here in Lisbon! I live outside of the city in a small town and the public transportation is decent though it takes us awhile to get downtown. Unfortunately, after certain hours in the evenings they stop running out to our area which has made using a car necessary. The house I am living in, and renting, is the home a missionary family, home on furlow, has been renting. It is their car, pictured above, that Heidi and I use to get around. It is a blessing to have though I ask for prayer as I have found driving here in Lisbon more difficult, by far, than what I experienced on my worst day of Chicago or LA driving. They are far more unpredictable here as they many times do not observe traffic lights or signs. I am amazed at the semi-trucks and buses that make it through the narrow roads of some of these small towns!

Before coming to Lisbon I had been told we'd be attending the University of Lisbon for language coursework and ministry. That has since changed, as Ron Landers wanted to build a relationship with the Universidade Nova that we have instead begun classes at. Most of our classmates are doing a study exchange throughout Europe called Erasmus. Heidi, Terence, and I attend class on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. Today was our fifth class, fourth of actual instruction, and I feel like I am slowly getting to know some of my classmates and getting the hang of our professors teaching style. Please keep me in your prayers 1) that I might have opportunities outside the classroom setting to get to know other students and 2) for keen ear and tongue as I learn Portuguese!:) The picture above is where we have our language coursework and the student courtyard area.

After class tonight, we headed downtown to the Hard Rock Cafe where we met up with some of the Edge students. I met Daniella, originally from England, who is a ballet dancer here in Lisbon. It was great to get to know her and enjoy a classic hamburger!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home