Bratislava, Slovakia
Before Christmas break, I shared with Martin, one of the Slovakian students I have gotten to know that I would be visiting my family in Austria. When he heard they lived near Vienna, he quickly said I should visit Bratislava, his home, since it was only an hour's train ride. I said I'd visit only if he'd be the tour guide, which he readily agreed too!

I was able to spend a day in Bratislava with Martin, his girlfriend Barbara, and my teammate Heidi! It evened snowed a little that morning so I could say I experienced a little snow this winter season!
Martin and Barbara did a good job at showing us some key sites of their town. The castle, situated above the city center, gave us a good overlook of the city and the Danube River that runs by it. They treated me to traditional Slovakian food at the #1 Slovak pub. I had a dish of ghnocci and goat cheese! Lunch was my highlight as we spent a long time just talking and enjoying each other's company. Unfortunately, our time in Bratislava passed quickly and we had to say our goodbyes. Lord willing we'll see each other again!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home