Saturday, June 09, 2007

Serbia

On May 25th, I boarded a plane from Lisbon, Portugal to spend ten days in Belgrade, Serbia.

The view from my window!


Serbian flag on the mainstreet in Belgrade.


My first four days were spent attending a conference for GEM's SE Regions. It was a time of encouragement and planning for the group and I learned a lot as they shared the work they are involved in. Dr. Elizabeth Lightbody, a professor at Moody Bible Institute, was the weekend conference speaker.

GEM group in sessions and touring Belgrade!


Top left (clockwise)
Clock tower above the Belgrade Fortress, the Danube & Sava Rivers,
city center, overlook of Belgrade


St. Sava's Temple
This Orthodox Temple is one that you can not miss seeing due to its prominant location in Belgrade.


Top Left (clockwise)
Holly with two fellow believers, this woman wove beautiful scarves, hats, and coats, visiting neighbors near the camp site, and HUB bible school.
One of my many highlights while in Serbia was my trip to CAMP! A number of Serbian believers, along with the Cardens, are desiring to build and develop a camp on the property pictured below. The area was beautiful and I was excited at this vision because I know how much God works through camp ministry! (I'm a product!:) They are praying for the Lord to send someone who has camp experience and could help them develop this camp. If you know someone, let me know!:)
Top Left (clockwise):
Cardens with Pastor Branco, part of the property being developed, Holly and I near the river that runs along the property, Branco along with his wife and family friend.


Thanks John and Holly for letting me catch a glimpse of what is happening in Serbia!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home